Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Suspect .EXE Trojan

From: Ken Pfeil <kpfeil () MIRADIANT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:26:20 -0500

You can usually ascertain details from opening it up with a Hex Editor.
WinHex comes to mind. http://www.winhex.com

Regards,
Ken

Ken Pfeil
Chief Information Security Officer
Miradiant Global Network, Inc
kpfeil at miradiant.com
http://www.miradiant.com
15 Broad Street, 17th Fl.
New York, NY 10005
(P) 212-235-2338
(F) 212-235-1658
(C) 914-805-3141
PGP Lookup:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3011C88A
"Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
My dog's name was Q47pY!3$H9x, but I change it every 90 days."