Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] "Type-of-webserver"-scanner?

From: "Bock, John (ISS San Francisco)" <JBock () ISS NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:00:38 -0500

you can use whisker and nmap to do it.
nmap -sS -p 80 -oM port_80 10.10.10.0/24
and
whisker -s server.db -n port_80 -l http_servers

and you'll wind up with output like:
= - = - = - = - = - =
= Host: 10.10.10.3
= Server: JavaWebServer/2.0
you can use whisker and nmap to do it.
nmap -sS -p 80 -oM port_80 10.10.10.0/24
and
whisker -s server.db -n port_80 -l http_servers

and you'll wind up with output like:
= Host: 10.10.10.3
= Server: JavaWebServer/2.0
= Host: 10.10.10.4
= Server: Netscape-Enterprise/3.6 SP1

http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/bins/whisker/whisker.tar.gz

if you want a general banner grab you could use something like grabbb as
well
http://teso.scene.at/releases/grabbb-0.1.0.tar.gz