Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] snoop ona live telnet session?

From: Magnus Bergman <trident () TRISEC NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 07:36:00 +0100

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 06:56:27PM +0100, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
Hi,

Quoting Mordechai Ovits (movits () OVITS NET):
Does anyone know of a tool that will allow me to snoop on a live telnet
session?  I'd like to be able to run this on a firewall to see sessions as
they pass through.  Sort of like what ethereal does with "follow TCP
I like 'hunt' for this.

What I for myself really would like to know, is what tool(s) are used for
the replaying of sessions used on the Takedown site
(http://www.takedown.com, i think) - They have a couple of ports open on
their server, and if you telnet into it you can see 'live replays' of
sessions in your terminal.

The tool "parse" is available at http://security.sdsc.edu/tools/ and does
just this from pcap-format input.

//Magnus