Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Two cents on Phys-Testing

From: andy lowton <andy () DRAGONFLY DEMON CO UK>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:53:08 +0100

Mike Ireton wrote:

I find that stanfding outside the front door smoking a cig is an
easy way to get access to nearly any site.

In my experience as a smoking pen-tester, this is almost GUARENTEED
to work. Entering a building behind a large group of people is a
good one.

Once in though, how do you gain access to the swipe card protected
area? Simple. Stand near the door and look like a 'little boy
lost'. Some nice person always asks if you want to get in.

Maybe it's just the helpful people in the UK, but I doubt it...

l8z

andy

E-Mail: andy () dragonfly demon co uk
PGP/GnuPG Key available on request