PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Registar Information

From: Jamil Ben Alluch <jamil () autronix com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:51:34 -0400

Hello Brian,

I don't know any such tool personally, however, depending on your network
setup and firewall or content filtering solution it might be possible to
easily script (shell, perl, python, ruby) this process by using the
built-in whois command on Unix systems to perform this check and generate
an alert or send you a message. You may need to add a tap or a monitor at
the point where you want to check the accessed domains if your
firewall/content filtering does not allow for such scripting.

This is the way I'd do it: have your sensor gather all accessed domain
names, add them to a list and cron the script to check each of those
domains (or if you need the info real time, do the check right away) and
then perform the desired action with the information obtained.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

--
Jamil Ben Alluch, B.Ing., GCIH