PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Security Awareness demo

From: Conrad Constantine <conrad () 1211 net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:52:47 -0400

On 7/18/2013 10:37 AM, Hevnsnt wrote:
Everyone who really knows me will already know my answer, but I really
really REALLY like driftnet on open wifi. Simple, visual, and immediate
understanding of OH SHIT.

actually, that's a rather good take on it.

So much infosec awareness is the equivalent of poor pentesting setups

"I popped your box"
"So what?"

I haven't seen any corp security awareness that goes beyond 'don't do this, because it's bad....mmmmkayyyy'

Where is the discussion of risk and impact? So I clicked on a bad link, and some bad guys got in - explain to me why this is MY problem? don't we hire all those people that make 5x as much money as I do to deal with that stuff anyway?

Look at the average Insider Trading awareness training companies do - that has a clear and simple message - "Keep your trap shut, or go to jail!"

What's security awareness training's distilled message beyond "Don't Click on Shit" (sorry Boris :-P )