PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: SQL cheat sheat

From: Jamil Ben Alluch <jamil () autronix com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 10:49:16 -0400

Hello,

I would start with input checking at both the client and server sides. In
order to avoid SQL injection, you'll want to make sure that you never pass
the user input directly to the database.
To sum it up it all comes down to user input filtering to ensure that none
of the SQL escapes are used to do something you do not want done; at the
same time this can be used to prevent XSS attacks.

Moreover you'll probably want to disable warnings and debug information on
your production environment, as this could provide additional information
to the attacker regarding the target syste and the backend dabatase.

It all comes down to checking what the user puts in and what the user gets
back.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

--