PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Limiting Scope of PCI review

From: Chris Tizzano <CTizzano () bn com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:22:27 -0500

Hey Kevin,

In a nutshell, use network segmentation for any machines handling cc data.  Those cashiers really should not touch the
rest of the corporate environment.  If at all possible, don't store any cc data, at all.  If you have to store it, look
into tokenization rather than storing partial/entire card info.  Different QSAs will have different takes on things -
some are good, some are bad.  Don't hesitate to get second and third opinions.

I hope this helps and good luck.

-Chris