PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Limiting Scope of PCI review

From: John Mason <john.mason.jr () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:23:18 -0500

The Open PCI Scoping Framework might help

http://itrevolution.com/pci-scoping-toolkit/

They do ask for an email address to send download instructions

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM, Josh More <jmore () starmind org> wrote:

Yes, your entire network will be in scope if you don't do things to
isolate it.

I like to use UTMs to do that, but bear in mind that, even if you do
that, your daily, weekly, monthly and yearly requirements will apply
to your workstations and to your UTMs.  It just won't extend to the
rest of the network if you isolate those workstations properly.

-Josh