PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Looking for recommendation on Win Phone to get for testing

From: Dimitrios Kapsalis <dimitrios () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:20:38 -0500

Are the Nokia 900 and Samsung Focus 2 rootable/jailbreakable?

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Blibbet <blibbet () gmail com> wrote:

I'm looking for a recommendation on which WinPhone 7.x is the best to get
in
order to perform mobile assessments on. I don't get many assessments on
these devices, and last I had checked there wasn't much in this area for
rooting the devices and getting access to the file system.

I just asked a Windows Phone ISV friend, and he says currently the Nokia
900 and Samsung Focus 2 are the frontrunner devices for WinPhone7.

Note that WinPhone8 is released, and has more APIs available to write apps
with, the WP7 was fairly lame (even compared to WP1-6). Personally, if I
were forced to use a WP again, I'd only use a WP8, not a WP7.

 Additionally, I had looked at that time into using an emulator, but this
also was not fruitful. It has probably been over a year since I last
looked
in this area. If anyone has some recommendations for a device and can
point
me to the direction to do some research it would be helpful.

The WP emulator sucks. :-(