PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: How to perform ip forwarding similar to iptables in ubuntu

From: Matt <lists () zonbi org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:16:00 +0100

On 21. feb. 2013, at 20:42, Dimitrios Kapsalis <dimitrios () gmail com> wrote:

I'm looking to do some testing on a thick client application installed on 10.8. The application does not have any
capability to enter proxy information, I'm looking to understand if OSX has the ability to do ip forwarding as can be
done with iptables on Ubuntu.

Afaik ipfw has been replaced by pf since Lion in OSX. While ipfw will probably do the job, it may be easier to stick
with pf.

I've been using icefloor [1] for OS X for a while now and am pretty happy with it.

./matt
@undeadsecurity

[1] http://www.hanynet.com/icefloor/index.html