PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: hotel captive portals and forced VPNs

From: Dan McGinn-Combs <dgcombs () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:34:20 -0500

I've actually seen the exact opposite.
A client of ours came into our offices. Their laptops were configured to
use our wireless networks, but hardwired to use the company's internal
proxy server to access anything via Port 80. As a result, we could not get
them on past our internal captive portal. We shut it off for them (and
turned it back on the very next day).