PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Pen testing IRC channel

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:49:32 -0600

On Freenode, you have #pauldotcom, #social-engineer, ##security and
#backtrack-linux.   #giac and #dshield also exist, but don't generate much
traffic.

They tend to be fairly active during the day, US time and fairly packed
with newbies in the evening, US time.  I'm not there much during the day UK
time, so I can't speak to that.

I will say that the public channels don't have a lot of hacking talk, as
there is a lot of interest in people doing illegal stuff and the
experienced people don't want to condone that.  However, there are many
people who will gladly chat via /msg about anything you like, once you're
there enough for them to trust you.

-Josh More