PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: IT Security Topics for Small Business

From: Arch Angel <arch3angel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:08:24 -0500

I don't think Andy is looking to drop a large guides down on the desks of small businesses, and I agree there are way too many for these individuals to comprehend. That's why we all have jobs! I believe his goal is to help decrypt the meanings of things like NIST, PCI, NSA, etc. into terms and words a small business owner with very little IT experience can understand. Take for example a small four or five man shop who knows they need better security but could potentially be told to buy a toaster as it will prevent SPAM, and as a result they go out and buy toasters. I know that's a bit of a stretch but I think a document which breaks it down so they can make better choices and invest money a little wiser would be beneficial.

Just a couple pennies from little ole me :-)

--

Thank you,

Robert Miller
http://www.armoredpackets.com