PaulDotCom mailing list archives

evaluation of potentially malicious PDFs

From: Herndon Elliott <alabamatoy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:25:39 -0500

Learning of lots of avenues of intrusion through PDF documents.  Embedded
javascript, stego, referenced malware, flash embedding, etc.  Does anyone
know of a tool which can evaluate a PDF for questionable content without
opening it in reader?

If no such tool exists, it would seem like a good open-source project for
someone interested in coding such things....

Herndon Elliott
Madison, Al

 "You, we -- we own this country. We own it.  It is not you owning it, and
not politicians owning it.  Politicians are employees of ours." ~ Clint
Eastwood, RNC speech Aub 30, 2012