PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Blackhat digital forensics & IR training

From: Andrew Case <atcuno () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 13:43:35 -0500

Hello,

I was writing to announce that our digital forensics and incident
response handling training page has been listed by Blackhat. The
course is listed here:

http://blackhat.com/html/bh-us-12/training/courses/bh-us-12-training_digital_forensics.html

The focus of the course will be Windows disk and memory analysis. The
course will be hands-on and staged so that every time a skill is
learned (e.g. Recycle Bin Forensics), the students will then
immediately get hands-on experience with it. The hands-on experience
will contain multiple levels of difficulty as we know we will have a
mix of students in the class, and we want all to benefit from it. This
has worked well in the past as it keeps students engaged and makes for
a good mix of slides and actual investigation. On the final day will
be a large, mock investigation that requires combining all the skills
learned throughout the course.

The course is being taught by myself (
http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewcase ) and Jamie Levy (
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jlevy77 ). Both of us are active in the
open source community. We are both Volatility developers, and I am the
co-developer of Registry Decoder. We have also both published a number
of papers/presentations in the forensics & IR space. The course will
focus on open source/free software as much as possible, and students
will be given all the tools/scripts/documentation on a DVD as part of
the course materials.

If you have any questions please reply to this thread or Email me off-list.

Thanks,
Andrew