PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: IPSec MitM

From: toomanysecrets <toomsec () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 10:31:50 +0200

Hey,
thanks for the hints.
You mentioned "a MITM fake certificate".....that´s exactly what I´m trying
now to do. I installed Openswan and xl2tp and I´m in the middle of getting
it up and running.

But to get this straight, the MITM part of it is basically,
-  issuing a fake aka: self signed certificate for my own IPSec gateway and
playing around with different settings for CN, SubjectAltName , etc...
-  Redirecting the traffic from the client to my IPSec gateway (ARP
poisoning, re-routing, DNS spoofing)
- Checking if the client is accepting my fake IPSec gateway and especially
the fake certificate

.....right?

Thanks!