PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Twittrack: tracking Twitter users by their client

From: Marc Wickenden <marc () offensivecoder com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 02:55:31 +0100

I've been playing around a bit tonight with the idea of tracking Twitter user's activities through their client.
Basically you can get an idea of a person's movements through the device they're using to access Twitter. Could be
useful for social engineering or a number of other attacks.

I've written a very quick and dirty ruby script and put together a quick blog on the idea at
http://offensivecoder.com/2012/06/21/twittrack-tracking-users-by-their-cli/.

I'd welcome feedback on this. Hopefully it could be useful to some people.

Cheers,

Marc

@marcwickenden