PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: ISP and router configs

From: Bert Van Kets <mailing () vankets com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:42:14 +0200

On 8/07/2011 9:56, PJ Velasco wrote:

Can you add your own wireless router/firewall device as the client?
That way you only disclose that intermediate RFC 1918 address space
with the single IP.  Your real network then remains private.

That is of course what I will do. I have a WRT54G with QoS I use for
wireless. The wireless signal in the ISP provided combo thing sucks
anyway. Two walls and all signal is gone. 8-0
On top of that I have an old Cisco firewall I got for free I want to
play with. I also want to play around a little with IDS and EDS systems.
I wonder what strange traffic I will encounter.