PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Clamav hacking

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 08:30:37 +0100

You could potentially DoS a machine by submitting multiple samples for
analysis if that is permitted. Scanning can chew up a lot of CPU.

Any bugs in the decoders/dissectors in clamav could be an entry point for a
malicious sample but I am not aware of any such bugs. Think of the
complexity of having multiple decoders for binary formats, packers and such.

Regards,
Jim