PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: self study SANS GIAC rip-off

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:24:01 +0200

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Josh More <jmore () starmind org> wrote:
You're not going to find much in the way of study guides for GIAC tests as
the preferred learning method is the associated course.  So the question
must be asked: why do you want GCUX?

I am a former UNIX admin. I need a valuable cert for searching a new
job. Work now 4 years in Infosec, but without any cert.
Was taking CISSP courses and learned quite a lot, but the exam is to
"management" oriented for me.

If it's for the knowledge, then you should take the course.  If it's for the
certification, we can't answer your question unless we know why you want the
certification.

I need both the knowledge and the paper. But don't have so much budget.

cheers Sven