PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Situational Awareness

From: Adrien de Beaupre <adriendb () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:37:26 -0400

Hi Bruce,

actually I have found that the best way to achieve 'situational
awareness' is via monitoring
as many internal and external sources of information as possible.
Ideally a dashboard would
be composed of both technical feeds of data such as logs and IDS/IPS
as well as what I
term Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI). There are commercial and open
source methods of collecting these.

I presented on this at SANSFire 2009:
https://www.sans.org/webcasts/sansfire-2009-developing-cyber-threat-intelligence-92553

Cheers,