PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: creating the SAM repair file

From: Carlos Perez <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:22:57 -0400

also installing a Service Pack wil generate it, in the case of 2003 and 2k you use ntbackup.exe on windows 2008, vista
and 7 wbadmin.exe on nt4 rdisk

On Feb 24, 2011, at 12:00 PM, S. R. White wrote:

When using the built in backup utility in Windows, you can cause it to be created by backing up the "system state",
which will force a new copy of the SAM in %SYSTEM_ROOT%/Repair.