PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Managed firewalls

From: Josh More <jmore () starmind org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:29:53 -0600

I think it's a good idea if the other company can do a better job of it than
you can.  You trust your ISP with your packets; this is the same thing, just
a different place to draw the line.

Is it ideal?  If course not.  However, you can't do it all, so it makes
sense to focus where you can.  As always, if you extend your trust like
that, it would be wise to monitor their actions to make sure they are worthy
of your trust.

-Josh