PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Novell eDirectory Password Auditing / Cracking

From: Sven Aluoor <aluoor () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 21:49:17 +0100

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Ben Greenfield <bcg () struxural com> wrote:
Can anyone recommend a utility to assist in some eDirectory password
auditing / cracking? My research has revealed 1 product that is no
longer on the market (Castor) that was capable of doing this. I'm sure
there must be others, or perhaps a script or something someone has
written? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Hi Ben

What version of eDirectory do you use? Which hashing algorithm was
configured? You can use pretty much any password cracking software
(when you are able to export the hashes out of eDirectory).

cheers Sven