PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Advice before buying a Wireless Site Survey Kit

From: Colin Vallance <crvallance () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 09:48:43 -0600

I'll back up Airmagnet.  As a consultant wireless engineer this is a must
for surveys.  You may also consider looking at a spectrum analyzer product
to get the "whole story" regarding the RF in the area at a given time.
Cisco's spectrum expert has been the product of choice for us however they
currently don't have a usb adapter.  Airmagnet's spectrum XT is usb capable
but not my favourite for some bugs and limitations I've run across.  WiSpy
seems to be the lost cost product that is out there but I've got no
experience with it myself.

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Butturini, Russell <