PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Advice - CCNA Security certification

From: Subba Rao <kleanchap () tanucoo com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 06:00:22 +0100

Russell,

Thank you for replying.  Do I need CCNA as a prerequisite to get my CCNA
Security certification?  What books would you recommend to prepare for
this certification?

Thank you once again.

Subba Rao

On 1/3/2011 3:18 PM, Butturini, Russell wrote:
I used the Cisco Press book to prepare for this exam, combined with hands-on.  Hands on practice, even in a lab or
emulated environment, is absolutely key if you want to get good at Cisco security.  I have my CCSP and  0 for 2 on
the CCIE security lab so far, and I wouldn't be this far along without lots of time spent in the IOS breaking things
:-)