PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Recommendations for a private VPN service

From: Jacky Jack <jacksonsmth698 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 01:04:01 +0800

If you use a VPS-based VPN/SSH tunnel, you have to secure your host.
Or else hackers can hack your box and start tcpdumping all your plain-text
data.
If you buy a VPS, the cost is higher based on bandwidth, and capacity.

WiTopia, your-freedom, commercial service vendors might log everything you
connect.
They have to do it in case of any law suits against hacking/malicious
activities.
If I use commercial solutions, I choose the one which has many servers round
the world.
And I might still use SSH  [ HOME/WORK _> VPN _> SSH > INTERNET].