PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Sans GSEC training suggestions.

From: Andrew Anderson <andycapp92 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:56:55 -0700

I actually took my 401 course from Seth and enjoyed it greatly.  I will say
that the exam structure IMO is heavy on the memorization of details from the
course materials as opposed to simply understanding the concepts.

While if you don't know the material you are screwed anyway, having the
material at your side along with a good index (the process of making the
index goes a long way) is what helped me in getting a higher mark on the
exam.

IMO taking the course and obtaining up to date books is a must even if the
material is somewhat 'old hat'.

I have been trying to get into the 'facilitator' role here at home when
courses come up and have found that these spots have already been taken...
I'll keep trying though...  sooner or later I suppose.