PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Residential Web Filtering

From: Jack Daniel <jackadaniel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 01:57:45 -0400

I'll surprise folks-

While I am very fond of Astaro (the free home version has the same
content filter options as the commercial version), and not just
because that name is written on my paychecks- you may want to go for
just using the content management OpenDNS offers if these folks aren't
tech-savvy and you don't want to manage a gateway for them.  OpenDNS
offers decent categorization and blocking, which works for a lot of
home users who don't need proxies, link balancing, VPNs, etc.

Jack