PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Android: pattern security lock vs. 4 characters PIN from a security side

From: Michael Salmon <lonestarr13 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:16:39 -0400

I had this discussion with my friend recently, I think the pattern lock can
be more secure if its fairly complex, feedback is enabled and displaying the
pattern is turned off (turning off displaying the buttons would be ideal,
but would make it hard to enter the correct code).  However, everytime you
enter your code the oils on your finger leave the pattern on the display,
but after using the phone for a minute your fingers overwrite the pattern.