PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Will work for free

From: Paul Asadoorian <paul () pauldotcom com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:20:37 -0400

I think getting involved with a mentor program is a great idea.  SANS
has programs for that as well.

Also, you may want to consider trying to create a
project/blog/twitter/web site where you show that you are trying to do
stuff.  We all had to show that we were serious about learning before
someone would teach us.  I had to backup a whole bunch of systems every
night using magnetic tapes and a pair of pliers before people would
teach me how to program.  Luke had to travel all the way to the dagobah
system and convince Yoda to teach him.... etc...

Cheers,
Paul