PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Linux w/ AuthPF type access

From: Nic <nic () njclair com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:43:50 -0700

Hello,

  One of the system my employer uses is AuthPF and PF on a openBSD box.  We
use this with a in-house web form to gain access to client networks.  I am
wanting to migrate the OS to Linux, prob CentOS or Redhat, and am looking
for a solution that will work in a similar way. I'm not saying openBSD is
not good just not what I or some other staff know. Is there anything that
works with IP tables already rather than me try to build something.

The way it currently work is on the  form the end user will select the
client they want to connect to, it pulls the IP subnet info from a mySQL
database then created the pf rule for that user.  Then it send them to a web
based ssh client where they login and the rule is then applied on the
server.  After that they make the connection to the client systems from
their desktop.

The front end stuff is easy enough to modify with Perl scripts and web
forms. Its the back end I am looking for.  I have done some scroogle
searching and so far not found what I am looking for.  If you have any ideas
please let me know.

Thanks

-nic