PaulDotCom mailing list archives

WMIC guru's - come in!

From: k41zen Me <k41zen () me com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:09:34 +0100

I need to conduct folder permissions audit on folders with specific names and then check to make sure that a specific
group is explicitly denied.

I produced some powershell code to do that and was fairly happy:

Get-Childitem -path S: -recurse -include *classified*,*sensitive*,restricted* -exclude *notsensitive* | where {
$_.Attributes -match “d” } | Get-Acl | where { $_.AccessToString -notmatch “DOMAIN\\GROUP” } | select PSPath,
AccessToString | export-csv outputfilename.csv

This works a treat until I realised that there are 140 remote locations where I don't have powershell installed.
Considering the time to get this deployed and the latest Dave Kennedy/Josh Kelly work, this may not be the ideal
solution. I do have WMI to hand though.

Before I begin to fry my brain with working out how to do this, has anyone done something similar in WMIC? I know some
of the commandlinekungfu kings are on this list.

Grateful for any help.

k41zen