PaulDotCom mailing list archives

using an alternate port with Cisco's secure copy (scp)

From: "Jody & Jennifer McCluggage" <j2mccluggage () adelphia net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:44:12 -0400

Alright Cisco gurus, I have a question that has been stumping me.  When
using Cisco's Secure Copy command (scp), how do you direct it to use an
alternate port? For example to use scp to copy the startup configuration
file you use: copy startup-config scp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. It will then prompt
you for the rest of the information but sadly does not prompt you for port
number.  I thought it would be something simple as scp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:pp,
but alas, that did not work.  I scoured the online documents and even
contacted cisco tech support but could not get an answer. Surely there has
got to be a simple way to identify a different port.

Thanks,

Jody