PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Has Anyone Used Shavlik Patch Management?

From: Chef Ted <chefted () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:38:39 -0500

I've used Shavlik netchk at a few jobs. I was working for the city of
Charlotte and they had it and it worked well. Then I moved to a
financial company and bought it to use there. I'm now working for a
local utility co and I'm working to get approval on netchk again. Like
anything it has a simple learning curve but their support is really
responsive so let them walk you thru install if you have any
questions. It's a great tool and now that I'm managing a large virtual
environment I can use netchk to find missing patches on my virtual
machines.

Cheers,

Ted