PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Has Anyone Used Shavlik Patch Management?

From: Jack Daniel <jackadaniel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:58:05 -0400

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Butturini, Russell <
Russell.Butturini () healthways com> wrote:

Wow, I used it in a trial setting at previous employer and hated it.  You
would push patches at 8 PM and the servers would magically reboot the next
day at 2 in the afternoon.  Interesting.

I am drawing a blank on the solution for that- I know I saw it a few times.
It may have been a permissions conflict or something, but I found a fix.
Also, a pre-install reboot makes almost everything work better, but that is
universally true for Windows.

Jack