PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: CISSP Study Strategy?

From: Michael Dickey <lonervamp () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:27:20 -0500

I took and passed the test just over a year ago and they made a point to
eliminate the negative questions like, "all but one of the following," or
the double negatives. I'm sure they did this largely for non-native speakers
of English, but those are nasty questions even for native speakers.

Honestly, if you see practice tests with questions like that, you probably
want to skip those practice tests. They prepare (and frustrate) you for
something that won't happen.

I'd love to give study tips, but how we learn tends to be somewhat personal.
For me, it really helped to just read up on and be around the security
community and deal with security on the job over several years, and augment
gaps with relaxed reading and note-taking sessions. If you can, role-play in
your head how concepts may apply to your company/job/manager and how that
conversation may go.