PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Database Encryption

From: jim.halfpenny at gmail.com (Jim Halfpenny)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:07:20 +0100

Oracle has a lot of security features like database vault and secure
enterprise backup. All are fairly complex and kind of expensive. It
depends on your requirements. FDE is not going to stop an attacker
from querying the datbase if they get access.

You can do row-level security, data masking, tokenisation etc. but
plain old privilege separation is strong enough in many cases.

Jim