PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Disabling Acrobat JavaScript

From: william.metcalf at gmail.com (Will Metcalf)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:08:34 -0500

I used a ADM template I can dig it up probably if you need it....

Regards,

Will

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Craig Freyman <craigfreyman at gmail.com> wrote:
What have some of you done to disable?JavaScript?in Acrobat Standard/Pro as
well as Acrobat Reader from a corporate perspective? ?I am referring to
installations that are already in place. ?Custom GPO?
I've found a few articles describing the registry setting:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\8.0\JSPrefs]
"bEnableJS"=dword:00000000
This will work for XP clients but?this key?isn't?in this place on my Windows
7 box. It is under HKEY_Users\(MY SID)\Software\Adobe.......
If this is the case, if I'll have to write a script that grabs the user's
SID before running the registry file on?login. ?Any other options people
have used?