PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Searching Domain for Files

From: bcg at struxural.com (Ben Greenfield)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:35:43 -0400

If you subscribe to the professional feed of Nessus, you gain access
to the compliance and audit capabilities.

You can easily modify the pre-written audit files to search for files
or content that you specify.  Tenable has already provided a huge
number of audit policies which can be used to search for all kinds of
sensitive information.

I've had a lot of success using these audit policies to search for PHI
data leakage for my clients.  The reporting is OK and the scripts are
easy to modify.

Here's a semi-generic link talking about some of the capabilities of Nessus:
http://www.nessus.org/products/professional-feed/index.php?view=compliance_checks