PaulDotCom mailing list archives

home backup solution

From: jchrisos at gmail.com (Jim Chrisos)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:05:44 -0500

Hard disks are cheap.  I have three 500Gb hard drives.  I keep one in a
safety deposit box at the bank and keep two at home.  Because I have three,
one is always at home, one is always at the bank and the third is either at
home or in transit.  I mainly keep my home videos (HDV format), digital
photos and backed up music CDs (flac files created in EAC).  My resume and
smaller backups (like firefox bookmarks) are copied to dropbox once a month
or so.