PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Nessus vs McAfee Vulnerability Management

From: strandjs at gmail.com (John Strand)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:21:40 -0700

Wow...

Talk about coming to the right place.

First, look at credentialed scans.  Not only can they look for
vulnerabilites, but they check configuration compliance.

Now I play the "Summon Paul +5" card.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM, subzer0girl <subzer0girl at gmail.com> wrote:

I need a little help convincing the purchasing people that I need Nessus.
They are suggesting McAfee Vulnerability Management is a viable
alternative.  I want to stick with Nessus since that is what I have
experience with.  I've googled for a comparison of the two products but
haven't found anything of value. Does anyone have experience with how the
two products compare ?

Any help would be appreciated

Sandy