PaulDotCom mailing list archives

password cadence

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:50:25 +0000

Has anyone done, or heard about, any research on monitoring the
cadence of someone entering their password and linking it to a login
process?

What I mean by this is that because I know my PC login and I type it
every day I tend to type it in a set way at a set speed, if someone
managed to get hold of the password they wouldn't be able to enter it
in the same way so wouldn't be able to login. It is two factor
authentication based on what you know, the password, and what you have
(?) the muscle memory of how you enter it.

Robin