PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Working on distro for Zipit Z2, need a little help

From: irongeek at irongeek.com (Adrian Crenshaw)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:43:43 -0500

Hi all,
    I'm working on making my own userland image for the ZipIt Z2 (which I
tentatively call Side-Track) and I need two things.

1. What would be a good place to upload it to so it does not use up all of
my bandwidth when folks grab it. Bittorrent may be a bit awkward. The image
will be about 500MB compressed. Something like Megaupload?
2. Since I'll need to image the MiniSD card using DD, it will grab a bunch
of bits it does not need because they exist as freespace. Would using a tool
like sfill from secure-delete fix that so that the space is zeroed and
compresses better?

Thanks,
Adrian