PaulDotCom mailing list archives

transparent proxy and iptables failing

From: william.metcalf at gmail.com (Will Metcalf)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:35:54 -0500

iptables should work fine for this, I'm doing exactly what you are
tying to accomplish in multiple places.

try these rules... where eth0 should be replaced with the interface
that your port 80 traffic comes in on..

#redirect web traffic to proxy
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -m physdev --physdev-in eth0 -p tcp
--dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128

#accept the redirected traffic
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

#allow all other traffic to move across the bridge
 iptables -A FORWARD -j ACCEPT

Regards,

Will