PaulDotCom mailing list archives

OS X question

From: lonestarr13 at gmail.com (Michael Salmon)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:04:36 -0400

I have a question regarding os x 10.5 parental controls. Its kind of silly
to post to pauldotcom, but I figured u guys might know better then anyone.
I read that os x uses a proxy server for filtering websites.  I'm trying to
let my daughter have access to either live.com or gmail, but by default os x
blocks https sites and I read that you have to set the site to "always
allow", but it still blocks logins.  Has anyone else had trouble with this
feature and if you got it to work, what exactly did u specify in always
allow?

Thanks for your great info and discussions,

Michael