PaulDotCom mailing list archives

smartcard readers in Sun boxes

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 21:03:28 +0100

2009/10/1 Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny at gmail.com>:
Is it a sun ray by any chance? This is a thin client and used smartcards to
authenticate users so they could plug in a get their desktop on any Sun Ray
terminal. If so I doubt the card reader is removable or reusable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Ray

I'm guessing they did other designs but it didn't look like that, it
was a slim box, rack mountable I think, dark blue front with the
reader on the left.

The card has a barcode on it with "2 Addresses" written above it - I
grabbed the card just in case it was worth anything and so I can
possibly probe it with my reader if I ever get round to it.

Robin