PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Why don't more *nix dev's...

From: mick at pauldotcom.com (Michael Douglas)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 23:30:17 -0500

But... you're kind of speaking in favor of package managers.  On my
debian system I just need to do the following:

sudo apt-get install {program that I want}

That's *easy*, and I can have it update and stay current too.

Rollup scripts are nice, they do beat the doing it by hand...  but I
prefer a good package.

- Mick

PS: what version of *nix are you using?

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Richard Baker